Did you know that most oral health care risks come from the foods and drinks you consume? Save your smile by renovating your diet. For more information about poor dietary choices, consider the following:
– Be careful when biting into solid foods, as many oral accidents and injuries are caused when teeth are chipped, cracked, or broken off by unassuming substances that are just too hard for your teeth to handle.
– To avoid cavities, avoid sugars that can harm your teeth and wear down your tooth enamel.
– One of the biggest offenders for dental erosion is sour sweets. Some sour foods and drinks are extremely high in sugar and have a pH level that is nearly the same as battery acid.
– Protect your smile against increased risks of tooth decay and gum disease by avoiding sticky and chewy foods. The reason is that some products stick hard enough to your teeth they can resist brushing treatments long after you’ve eaten.
– Avoid snacks that have a low pH and high acidity. This includes many drinks and foods, so it is vital to exercise caution when choosing what to eat.
If you are ready to take the next step to achieve a glorious smile with oral health care treatments, set an appointment with Sensitive Dental at our dentist office in Houston, Texas. Dr. Jorge Pinera and the rest of our team can be reached at 281-531-1000. Let us help you take charge of your future with a healthy smile!